Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm looking for independent web hosting reviews. Most I find are paid endorsements. Know of any?

No, but I've shopped host providers long enough to give a few good reviews.





If your just wanting to host one site, cheap-domainregistration.com (or go-daddy.com... they're the same company) has a cheap solution that reliable and easy to use... They have recient versions of PHP and MySQL installed. They also have a reasonalbe set of pre-installed apps. The control panel is not cpanel (a plus in my book.)





If you looking for unlimited domains, I use Hardhathosting.net. They are pretty cool. One advantage of these guys is that you have a Virtual Dedicated Server (VDS) so if someone else locks up their MySQL server, it doesn't pull you down. They use the Sphera control panel which is pretty cool compaired to most I've seen (way better than cpanel) though some of their apps are dated. The people who run the place and the techs are very cool.





I haven't used them yet, but dreamhost.com advertises some well priced packages that seem reasonable.





That's at least 60 hours of research, and I won't get paid a nickel for any of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment